Thursday 1 December 2016

Nostalgic Christmas Window

Hi, friends!

Our new challenge has just started today at Stamps and Stencils

Toni is hostessing the challenge this month and she has chosen the theme 'Christmas Wishes'.

Here is how she describes her challenge theme:

Ahhhh! Christmas, like it or lump it, it rolls around every year and seems to arrive faster than ever. If you celebrate Christmas, it's likely that you'll be making cards, gift tags, decorations or even creating your own wrapping paper. My Christmas Wish is to see some of the creative things you make, in order to spread a little seasonal love to your families and friends. My only request is that you include some stamping or stenciling or even both!


***

I was inspired to create a Christmas nostalgic window for this wonderful challenge theme.



I started with my small flourish stencil that my lovely and generous blog friend and a teamie Anne sent me for my birthday. I wanted to achieve some frosted glass for my window so I used the Tim Holtz frosted sheet, my Decoart Glamour dust paint in Ice Crystal, my cosmetic sponge and my stencil to imitate the frost.


I decided to achieve some woodgrain effect on my window so I used the technique that my wonderful friend and a teamie Sara used HERE
I used a combination of Brushos and Infusions for this technique. I cut out my window using a medium Memory box window die and a Sizzix pendants die out of my 'woodgrain' cardstock. The shutters I created by myself and I used a small heart punch to cut out the heart for a more vintage look. 
I glued down my previously prepared 'frosted glass' on the back side of my window frame and assemblaged my window with my shutters and pendants.
Since I wanted to add some light inside my window I used a big mathes box, painted it in brown tones, put a battery operated candle inside the box and glued down my window on top.
Then I started to embellish my window.


I used the Tim Holtz decorative strip die (Holly Beaded and Snowflake garland) and cut out my garland out of the green Core'dinations Distress cardstock and then I cut out only the bows out of my red cardstock. I glued down my garland on top of my window pendant. I added a small golden angel I had in my stash and created a wreath using some green burlap twine. To decorate my wreath I used some gold yarn and a small bell.


I used my Tim Holtz Tattered pinecone die and Festive foliage Thinlits die and cut out the shapes out of some Core'dination Distress cardstock in several green tones. For the candle, I used Tim Holtz Hanging lantern die, cut out the candle and created an arrangement on the bottom of my window. I also added some handdyed seam binding and some white pompoms. To imitate the snow I created some splatters using my Distress stain spray in white.
Some red selfadhesive gems were added, too.


This is how my Christmas window looks when the inside light is off. 
I used my Decoart Snow Writer to add some snow onto my shutters and randomly onto my window.
To imitate some snow on my window frame, I used my Picket fence Distress stickles. 


I love how my 'lightened' window looks when it's dark. 


I hope that I have inspired you to create your mixed media piece for our Christmas Wishes challenge at Stamps and Stencils! 

***

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them!

Hugs! Branka xx

Challenges:
Frilly And Funkie challenge blog - Home for the Holidays - my nostalgic window is a Christmas decoration

20 comments:

  1. Wowwie, Wowwie,WOW, Branka! This is the prettiest piece of nostalgic home decor I've seen this season! I love this little window, and the fact that it lights up is even more incredible! Your faux wood looks fantastic, and I appreciate the shout out! I'm happy I was able to inspire you if even in the tiniest way. Your snow looks so realistic, especially on the window panes. So many wonderful, festive and creative details--I could sit and stare all day! My favorite bit of all, though, except for that light up feature is the snow speckled greenery! A lovely window, and I wish that's how my home looked! Sending my love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Branka, this is absolutely spectacular!! Wow!! I love, love your beautiful window!! It looks amazing!! Your attention to detail is perfect...I love the frosty swirl in the window and the faux wood!! The greenery is fabulous!! This is so stunning my friend!! I love, love it!! It's so creative and gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just BEAUTIFUL Branka! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! This is just gorgeous! What a creative piece of art! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing amazing things with this window die, another exquisite sample! Love the angel and beautiful wreath, so charming! Thank you for always inspiring me in our challenges. <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully crafted! Very creative and such a clear design point of view!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Altered Eclectics, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Branka! This project is really gorgeous. Love the angel and the design is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Branka, this is awesome. Love all the elements that you used too make this. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so beautiful Branka! I love the use of natural woods in a Christmas project and your little window has stolen my heart today! That angel topper is perfect, the gold is elegant and wonderfully festive. Beautiful flourish in the window and I adore all the foliage and glittery snow. Just when I think I can't love it any more, you turned on the light!! Amazingly beautiful!! I'll take five of these please!! lol. sending hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And it is another wow from me Branka, this is gorgeous - I really did think the window was made from wood - it looks absolutely amazing! The stencil design on the window is subtle and so beautiful and when the light shines through, it is exquisite! I love how you added the 'snow' and the greenery looks wonderful - and so do the little bell and the pretty little pompoms. Beautiful work Branka!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This really is fabulous - so many great details! Love how you added your snow!So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This really is fabulous - so many great details! Love how you added your snow!So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love this. What a lovely decoration/ keepsake.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is a fab project. Love when the light is on behind the window. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of the window die! Nicely crafted! Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this window and all the yummy details you have added to it! I can't believe how small this is to be filled with such magical details! Wowzers and this is so fun, festive and fantabulous! That little wreath you made from the twine is genius! I may need to borrow that idea. Hehe. The frosted film is magical and that angel is so perfect for this gorgeous window! Huge Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your window. Great details and design. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Happy Holidays to you and your family and the best to you in 2017. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW this is so gorgeous! Such a lovely project! Reminds me of something you would see in a movie! So pretty! Thank you for joining us in our Christmas challenge at Dies R US! Hope to see you in the next one! Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Jo-DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a breathtaking festive window Branka! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely festive, creation. Love the colours too.
    Thanks for playing along at Altered Eclectics.
    Lisa
    Altered Eclectics DT

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.