Thursday 7 January 2016

Stamps And Stencils January challenge

Hello, my crafty friends!
The new challenge starts today at Stamps And Stencils and our hostess Cec has chosen the theme 'Oh So Blue'! 

She describes in this way:
This time of year it is easy to start feeling blue now that the festivities surrounding Christmas are over and winter is making its presence known with less sun and more miserable weather so instead of giving in to it let's celebrate blue.  Create a primarily blue mixed media project that includes some stamping and/or stenciling.  You may add one other colour to your creation but it must be mostly blue.

This is my first challenge as a new member of the Stamps And Stencils DT and I am so excited.

I decided to create a mixed media card in vintage style and here is what I came up with:



I started with a piece of scrap paper in blue tone and some stripes of canvas.


I glued down the stripes using my 3d soft gel matte. 


Then I used my TCW stencil (reverse chicken wire) and I applied my Liquitex modeling paste using a palette knife.


My next step was creating drips using my Dylusions sprays. I used my mister with water to activate the ink.


Here is the result of inking the background.


To add more texture I used a piece of an old handmade lace and some cheese cloth. To distrees the lace I used my Distress ink sprays in blue tones. Then I started to embellish my card using a metal frame from my stash, some natural elements, a handmade fabric flower and a piece of wood (one of those pieces that come with a new canvas).


I put a coat of white gesso over my embellishments and randomly on the edges of my card.


I used my Inka gold in blue to color the resin angel and a metal frame. Also, I added some blue micro beads mixed with my 3d soft gloss gel.


I stamped the sentiment on the piece of wood and used Inka gold in blue on the edges. 


I hope you like my blue vintage card! 

Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving sweet comments! 

Huge hugs! Branka xxx

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blues, Branka! You know I love blue! Your background alone is enough for a big round of applause, but you have added such wonderful elements and blended them all in beautifully. I am particularly drawn to those beads! So pretty and refreshing a piece! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Branka!!! Look at you creating this shabby beauty! Stunning work my friend! Love the color and all the pretty layers and texture.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous project Branka--- I am thrilled about this !
    Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More Challenge!
    Happy day!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - just gorgeous Branka. My fav part was the strips on the background - really great layers and fab background. But then, of course, it's all just stunning. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! This is gorgeous! The canvas strips on the background - what an amazing idea!
    {julia}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Branka, I have anxiously been awaiting the juicy details on this yummy piece! I so love your gorgeous layering style and fabulous dimension here! This is a winter fantasy on paper! Gorgeous. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it?? I absolutely LOVE it Branka, it is breathtakingly gorgeous and I have loved seeing all the steps you used to create it too. A truly stunning vintage card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty, just perfect Branka, love the textures of lace and flowers...wow!Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Branka ! Love the collage of items you've used and the stripes of canvas on the background are inspirational ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and great to see all your stages. I love the little cherub.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so beautiful Branka - wonderful work and brilliant tute too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the big flower delicately placed on the card with the other embellishments and I LOVE your various shades of blue. Lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now how in the world did you get such a crisp and clean stamp on that canvas wood piece desrie!?! Amazeballs! This card is blue and spectacular! Love all the added elements and layers created by the bits and bobs. Wonderful start to your new DT! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous B! Your handmade fabric flowers are totes awesome sauce! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love everything on this beautiful card Branka. The strips of canvas really caught my eyes and I think that itself makes gorgeous texture. Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Join us again next week and happy creating :)
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOLY WOWSERS!! Branka, you have blown me away this morning with this luscious piece of art!! I am loving how you created that background, such great textures! Your blues are just amazing and that big flower totally captivated me! So many wonderful details here, I could stare at this for hours and find new things to ooh and aah at! PINNED! hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous blue piece. Love the way you have been using the doilies in your recent project and that big flower is so eye catching.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! It's so beautiful! And I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really lovely - great texture in the background and beautiful embellishing - and all in such happy shades of blue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! A super gorgeous creation! Love all the elements & an awesome tutorial. Thanks for sharing the tutorial & visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Branka! Oh I love what you have done, the colours and the whole texture feel to it, I love Inka Gold as well I am totally hooked on that stuff! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Branka! I love this this! It's so delicate and pretty. Love the way you have brought together all the different elements. A really great combination of different textures topped off with lovely colour. Fabulous work, great to have you on the team! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh the texture on this is AMAZING!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Branka - laden with beautiful shimmers and textures. Its really gorgeous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the mixed media vibe in this beauty! What a gorgeously bright and inspiring project! Just loving your work my lovely, I love coming here and having a good dose of arty eye candy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh this is so stunning. Thank you very much for the step by step and thank you fro the fabulous inspiration, absolutely love it x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.